Friday, July 09, 2004

ONE MORE ABOUT MOVIES

My wife and I went to see King Arthur last night. I wish I had paid the cost of the movie ticket NOT to see the movie. Don't go near it. Go see Spiderman again instead. ;) Seriously, I've never seen a worse movie. Stupid moviemaker decided to make yet another grand sweeping movie about camraderie, lost causes and kings. So he had a bunch of crass knights, a guy named Arthur in stupid leather pants and a few lines of dialogue dropping Hollywood's favorite Meaningless Word To Make People Think They're Watching A Stirring Movie. What the heck does Hollywood mean by "freedom" anyway? I doubt they have any clue.

Or, to put it as the above-linked review does:

"Braveheart and Gladiator are two historical films that are particularly satisfying on both the level of grand spectacle, as well as a stirring story of one man's efforts to make a difference in the world. King Arthur just makes me glad we live in an era when soap was invented."

No comments: