Thursday, July 01, 2004

WOW--WHAT A SURPRISE

I checked my blog today fully expecting Seraphim to have a grumble in my comments section about how I've not posted for a few days. He didn't, and now I've beat him to the punch. I suck, I don't post enough, and I'm doing a dis-service to my readers, if I even have any left now.

;)

I just got back from seeing Spiderman 2 after I got off work. I can't remember the last time I've more thoroughly enjoyed a film without having to exert my (substantial) super-power of making excuses for bad plot twists, bad dialogue, bad special effects, bad storytelling, or just general cheesiness. Nor can I remember the last time I left a movie so uplifted and non-guilty about the way I just spent the last few hours.

So, purely subjectively, I give the movie very high marks. And please, nobody comment about how it actuallY WAS cheesy, the special effects DID suck, and it's NOT ACTUALLY a film in the truest sense. I'm sure you're right, and I don't want to hear it. I enjoyed it without reservation, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time. If you disagree, then you think I have lousy taste, and I'm fine with that. You can even tell me so. Just spare me the details.

And no, I'm not turning this into a blog about movies. I'm just posting, lest I...um...lest I don't.

;)

No comments: