Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I WILL NEVER GET L0ST AGAIN

I just downloaded Google Earth. Awesome, awesome, awesome. And it's free! Check this out!

A picture, below, of the Church of St. Theodore, the one historic church in Rome (to my knowledge) possessed by the Greek Orthodox Church (specifically, the Patriarch in Constantinople). I was there during the liturgy for Theophany (Jan 6) earlier this year. It's the round building in the center of the picture. To the right is the western edge of the Palatine Hill, on the top edge is the Forum. So cool!



Below it is a picture of the whole Palatine Hill, with the Circus Maximus at the bottom and the Colisseum and the Forum at the top. You can still see the church on the left (very small, though).



There is no reason for you to not download this program NOW!

7 comments:

magda said...

I'm sticking with mapquest for directions for a while, though. Ask V.

Will said...

I have a reason: It's freaking Windows-only.
But you're right. It is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long, long time. You can even find my city in Japan on it.

Anonymous said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/24/technology/24valley.html?ex=1282536000&en=344e9c5a3c3981ac&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Fr. A said...

Interesting, MB. Out of curiousity, where do the Mac people stand regarding Google?

Or should I ask Fr. D?

Will said...

Mac people are mixed. I for one like them because the stuff they do, they do well. Also free.

Anonymous said...

Generally the "mac people" like the services Google provides, and the quality of their services, but are somewhat discontented that the mac version comes out second.

Free is always good . . as it is in the true spirit of the information age. ;-)

Fr. A said...

*nods*

Thank you, Mac Contingent.