Thursday, November 13, 2003

INCENDIARY BLOGGING

Award for most incendiary post this week goes to Karl Thienes of St. Stephen's Musings over on the Orthodox side of the tracks. His post on the Matrix Trilogy and the legitimacy of Christian patronage of the arts in general (but specifically movies with sexual content or violence) has polarized the Orthodox Blogosphere. The comments section to this moment boasts 34 (lengthy) comments since the post went up on the 11th. I'm sure there are more to come. Kudos to Karl for making us think and further commendations for maintaining a careful balance between extremes. I look forward to more from him and the others.

Myself, I may even re-post my final movies dissertation from last spring if I get a chance (with current thoughts included). We'll see. I have a paper due tomorrow. Fortunately, I've found a way to incorporate my recent posts on language, philosophy and theology into the paper, so that means I'm almost done already. :)

Hasta!

No comments: